Why I Decided to Blog my Fitness Journey when I'm not in Shape



Hi,
My name is Kayla. I am a uni student, I am 21, my life is a bit of a mess, and yes that is my body. I don't like what I study, I have NO idea what I want to do with my life, and I am currently experiencing the cliche of trying to figure out 'who I am' (hence the blogging). Simply put, I'm lost. There are plenty of good things in my life, improvements constantly being made, and in retrospect not much to complain about. The problem? Life is happening too me and I feel no sense of control. I don't have anything I am REALLY passionate about, nothing to get me up in the morning excited to do this whole life thing. To be completley honest I have felt lost for a while now and I'm getting pretty sick of it. So I've decided to muster up the motivation to change all of that. What better way to start then with my physical health. I'm not exactly in the best of shape, to say the least, but I think that might be relatable and thus why I decided to document my journey. So here are my stats from the 29th of April (morning):


Height: 170 cm (Approx. 5' 6")
Weight: 65.2 kg (Approx. 144 lbs)
BMI: 23.1
Fat percentage: 30 %
Body Type: Hourglass


I understand that I might not seem out of shape to most people, it could ALWAYS be worse. However, I realized how damaging that mentality can be especially when talking about health. Yes, I have a healthy BMI but that doesn't mean I am actually healthy. My body fat percentage is 30%! To top everything off I am also completely inactive and eat garbage food. I know this has been said before but here it goes, just because I am not "fat" does not mean I am not unhealthy. Some of the side-effects I have noticed from my "wonderful" lifestyle include but are not limited to:


  • Breathlessness 
  • Fatigue
  • 0 motivation 
  • Extreme bloating 
  • Inconsistent bowl movements (I know, TMI)
That is really just scratching the surface, I can feel my arteries clogging as I type (this might be a bit of an exaggeration). The point being, I want to fix this. I want to improve and have control of at least this aspect of my life but I am not exactly sure what to do. This journey seems quite daunting and I was hoping we could figure it out together! 

This blog could cover a range of different things. Cutting out sugar, trying a vegan diet, no coffee for a week? Let me know in the comment section below any advice you have or anything that might interest you into reading! 

Comments